Abby, Izzy, Ally

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another update

This post is in addition to my 28 week post...

I had a Dr's appt yesterday. He wasn't too concerned with the contractions I had the other day... said he'd be a lot more concerned if I was feeling them. He did say I could most likely prolong my pregnancy if I stop working... so, that was not a difficult decision to make. I was given a couple of days to work from home to finish some things up, but after this Friday, I'm done! The good thing is: I'm not on bedrest, but will not be working. But, believe me, I'm definitely going to take it easy... I'll do a little laundry, sit a little, make my bed, sit a little, etc.
The Dr. has had me double up on the blood pressure medicine and it makes me really tired, so I'll probably being taking a nap every day too!

As far as work goes, I have a lot of vacation, personal and sick time saved up, so I will be getting full time pay for the next 6 weeks or so. After that, I'll go to 60% pay for a little while too...

I hook up to the uterine monitor twice a day for an hour each time, then wait to hear how many contractions there were. The past few days, there haven't been more than 2 in an hour, which is apparently nothing to be alarmed about.

Another thing the Dr said: if the babies were born at this point, there would be a 95% chance that they would survive with no long-term health problems. It's somewhat comforting to hear that though we want them to cook a lot longer!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear everything is now going okay.

    You're doing remarkably well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we all want you to keep those babies cookin'!
    Glad you are taking it easy - enjoy those naps while you can!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kami
    Rest Rest Rest! With three on the way this will be the most rest you will get. Feet up, read some good books and the "good" book and leave God to the right time. We love you guys
    Randy and Jackie

    ReplyDelete