Abby, Izzy, Ally

Thursday, September 30, 2010

16.5 Month Update

The girls are learning new things every day, so I want to update the blog with what they're currently doing.

Raise Your Hand!
If I say, "Raise your hand if you want dinner." They all raise their hands straight up in the air. We use it for lots of things.... "raise your hand if you want to go night night", "raise your hand if you want to take a bath." It's so cute to watch them all raise their little hands, like "pick me, pick me"!

Sharing (A little)
They still fight over toys terribly bad, but have a new skill where they share and give certain toys to it's rightful owner (sometimes). For example, Izzy has a duck named "Wigga Wigga"(she named it)... it's hers and hers only, and the other sisters will bring Wigga Wigga to Izzy. The same goes for Abigail's Srog or Ally's paci. It's very sweet how they'll bring the toy to their sister.

Night Routine
Matt and I are so happy about our current nighttime routine. The girls still drink a sippy cup of milk, but we make them all sit on their bottoms to drink their milk, and they do so pretty well. We have the occasional thrown cup or standing baby, but overall they listen and drink their milk. After brushing teeth, we say, "ok, let's go night night." I open up the fence, and all the babies happily follow me into the nursery, saying "nigh nigh, nigh nigh". We LOVE how happy they are to go to bed and hope this never changes! Once in the nursery, we put them in their sleep sacks, turn their fans on and then it's lights out. Sometimes a baby will fuss for a minute or two, but rarely longer than that.

Kisses & Hugs
They've also begun giving each other kisses and hugs. They make a sound when they give a kiss like "mmmmm muh" and even pat each other on the back as they hug. It is so sweet! Unfortunately, they usually topple over if they're hugging standing up, but it's still so cute.

Where's ???
If we ask questions like, "Where's Abigail?", "Where's Ally?", "Where's Daddy?", etc., the babies (Izzy is particularly good) will point to the person we asked about. They'll even point to themselves when their name is called. On another note, they also love to cover their eyes with their own hands and scare me. Ally will say, "Bee!" (Boo), when she pulls her hands off.

Dancing Babies
My mom taught them to do the teddy bear dance. You know, the one where you say, "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear turn around" (baby turns around), "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground" (babies pound on ground), "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, do a little dance" (babies dance), "Teddy Bear, Teady Bear, pull up your pants" (Babies pull up pants)! Izzy and Abby do the whole dance. Ally loves to pound the ground, and often gets stuck turning around and around until she falls!
They love to march now too. If I say, "March, march, march, march", they'll all start marching around the living room. This is where Ally excels! She marches really fast and really well. The other two kind of do a one-legged, slow march. So cute.

Princess Wiggle Bottom
Abigail is so different from the other two in her mannerisms... she's always so sweet and delicate. She also has difficulty "hanging with the big girls" as Matt says often. She appears to be very feminine, and it very much shows when she walks. She wiggles her little bottom and swings her little arm to get to where she needs to go. It is seriously the cutest little wiggle ever!

Who you lookin' at?!
Izzy and Ally, on the other hand, are pretty tough. They often stand like two football linemen (as you can see from some of the professional pics I posted), and will bulldoze whoever gets in their way. Based on what I've seen up to this point, they appear to both have pretty dominant personalities, while Abby seems much more passive.

Choo-Choo fun
This week, the girls got to go to their Meemaw and Papaw's house and ride a train! Matt's parents have the coolest little motorized train with tracks at their house. They bought it for their first grandchild years ago, but all have benefited from the train now! Izzy and Ally loved riding the train. Well... Izzy loved it, Ally LOOOVED it!!! Ally has a problem with sharing when she has a new toy like that. She screams and kicks when it's someone else's turn. Luckily, she gets over it relatively quick. Poor lil doe (aka wiggle bottom) hated every minute of it! She tried to like it, but had a look of fear the entire time, and Matt (who was close by to catch them if they fell) said he could hear her whimpering non-stop. Poor lil doe. I'll post pics of the train rides soon.... I forgot my camera, so have to wait to get them from Matt's parents.

"Oh no, how sad"
We've just finished going thru a class at our church. We read a book called, "Love and Logic for Earlychildhood". We liked some of the book, and are putting some of it into practice. The book is big on being action oreinted, rather than giving lots of warnings or talking about what you're going to do. For example, let's say Izzy pushes her sister (this happens often by the way). If she pushes her sister, I say, "oh no, how sad. We do not push." I pick her up and put her in time out, which is in a pack & play in the guest bedroom. After a few minutes, I tell her I love her and let her play again. So far, it really seems to be helping. Now, even if they start to do something, I just have to gently say, "oh no" and they immediately stop what they're doing. We'll see if it keeps working, but we're pretty happy with the results so far.

Lately, I've been feeling SO blessed...  even while I'm folding laundry or picking up toys, I feel blessed. God truly knew the desires of my heart, and gave them to me. The two things I prayed for (for my own life), I mean prayed really hard for, were for Matt Martin to be my husband and for God to bless us with children. I prayed these two things for years, and God provided! I love my family so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment