Abby, Izzy, Ally

Monday, February 7, 2011

What we've been up to...

I haven't updated in a while... mainly because I've been lazy. Also, Matt got me an Ipad for my birthday, so I guess I've been getting my computer "fix" with that, and haven't wanted to get on the laptop and update.

Speaking of my 32nd birthday, I had a great one! Matt took the day off and his mom watched the girls. I went and got a facial and massage in the morning, then Matt and I went to Tulsa in the afternoon. We saw a movie, shopped a little, and went to eat. It was very nice! I love love love my babies, but it's so nice to get some time away just with Matt. I about fell out of my chair when I opened the Ipad, but I LOVE IT and use it all the time!

The babies and I were sick with colds a week or so ago, but THANKFULLY, everyone seems to be well now. I figured out: I can handle triplets... I can even handle sick triplets... but I cannot handle sick triplets when I'm sick too. THAT IS MY BREAKING POINT!

We've also had a TON of snow this past week! It came in last Monday night and snowed all day on Tuesday. So much so, that Matt was unable to go to work on Tuesday or Wednesday. Our car doesn't do so well when there's 14 inches of snow on the roadways and he has a 45 minute drive to work. Since it's the first of the month and month-end close, he HAD to be there by Thursday, so his mom and dad took him in their 4wd truck. He took an air mattress and some food and just spent the night in his office, so he could get caught up. Poor guy hardly slept a wink, but his parents went back and got him Friday night and brought him back home. He says our next vehicle will be a 4wd, no matter what it costs. Here are some pics from the blizzard...

The girls' swingset...

Matt trekking out to the shed

Our shoveled walkway and cars

Check out the bushes and bench... that's a lot of snow!

Our little house...

Mom was snowed in too. When she knew the snow was coming, she packed her bag and stayed with Mamaw and Papaw, but came over to stay with me when Matt was gone. So...because of the snow, between my mom and Matt, I pretty much had constant companionship and help with the babies for a week straight! It was really nice. Today, it's back to reality, as everyone's back at work. Though... we're supposed to get more snow tomorrow night... ugh!

We had quite a surprise the other morning with Ally. We heard crying outside our room, and came out to find Ally! She climbed out of her crib and had pretty much ransacked the whole house before we knew she had "escaped"! Her path was obvious: She pulled clothes out of her nursery drawers and even shared the wealth by giving her sisters some clothes through the bars in their cribs. (I can just imagine Abby and Izzy watching her run free from their little jail cells). She must've become bored of the nursery, because she ventured to the bathroom, where she played in the toilet for awhile (evident by her wet arms, all the way up to her shoulders). After that, she appeared to raid the kitchen, placing the Windex bottle on the table and bringing the laptop into the living room. She pretty much played everywhere she's usually not able to go by herself! You're probably wondering why we didn't hear this... well, I was bad and turned the monitors down when they woke up earlier than normal that morning. The ONE morning I did that, of course, she figures out how to climb out! We also saw Izzy starting to try it too, so I don't know what we're going to do! I may look into getting crib tents, that prevent them from crawling out. Some people might say it's time to switch them to toddler beds, but I say "NOOOO way!" Mine will probably be in cribs until they're at least 3! And the only people I'll allow to judge are ones that have had 20 month old triplets! :)

I am seriously unhappy to report the following: Unfortunately, I'm noticing the girls are starting to wake up earlier. I knew this day would come, and the 9:00 am wake up was way too good to be true, but the past few days, 7:30 is the new wake up time. I know, I know, this is stilll good... most people think no sleep is synonymous with having triplets, but I've been SOOO happy with the 9 am time!

As far as what they're currently doing: they're saying more and more words and even singing! It is very cute! Their favorites are: "This Little Light of Mine", "Baa Baa Black Sheep", and "Itsy Bitsy Spider". They like to do the motions and sometimes try to sing along.

My favorite is when I tell them I love them and they just say it back: "I uh you". Sometimes it surprises me because I'm not used to getting a response, and not saying it because I want one.

On a not so cute note, Izzy has started telling me "no". I'll ask her to do something and she'll say "no". Then I'll say, "you do not tell your mommy 'no'", and she'll say, "no, no, no, no." She gets spanked or put in time out, but man does it burn me!!!

That's all I can think of to update for now, as Abigail would say, "see ya"!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...I don't know what to tell you on the cribs. yikes. I will admit that I was cracking up about Ally having a little party while everyone was sleeping. What a mess ;) We had to move Caleb out of his crib at 18 months but put a gate at the door. Sounds like Ally could climb right over that though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete