Abby, Izzy, Ally

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

15 month Check up

We just got back from the Dr. yesterday for the girls' 15 month check-up. As always, the Dr. was very complimentary on how well behaved the girls are, and on what great temperaments they have. Everyone is growing at a nice pace. Here were their measurements (I always pay more attention to the percentiles to know how they compare to other babies):

Izzy: Length 29 1/4 inches (25th percentile), Weight 19 lbs. 8.5 oz (10th percentile), Head Circ. 17 3/4 in (25th percentile)

Abby: Length 28 3/4 inches (10th percentile), Weight 19 lbs. 5 oz (10th percentile), Head Circ. 17 3/4 in (25th percentile)

Ally: Length 30 1/4 inches (50th percentile), Weight 21 lbs. 12 oz (30th percentile), Head Circ. 17 3/4 in (25th percentile)

Though the Dr. had good things to say about the girls, I can't say Cheryl (Matt's mom) and I have good things to say about this particular visit. As a matter of fact, we both described it as the dr's visit from Hell!!! :)
On Sunday night, I bathed the girls, packed their diaper bag and ironed their cute little outfits for the next day. It was going to be a smooth day.

It did start out pretty smooth, and we got on the road ahead of time with babies loaded and content. It was about 1/4 of the way into the trip (between Chouteau and Inola) when Ally decided to VOMIT ALL OVER HERSELF and her car seat. We pulled the van over and assessed the damage. It was MASSIVE!  Now that they're older and don't spit up anymore, I never bring an extra change of clothes and only 2 small burp cloths to wipe noses, etc. We used our 2 measely burp cloths and didn't even make a dent. It was so bad, even Cheryl was about to toss her own cookies breathing the smell! We decided to see if my mom was still at home (she lives in Inola), which was about 10 minutes from where we were. Luckily, she was still home, and got some bathwater running for us. Once we got to mom's house, I took care of Ally, Cheryl cleaned out her car seat (as best she could... it was bad), and mom hunted for a change of clothes. Another big break: mom had some 12-24 month clothes stored upstairs that used to be my niece's! After we got Ally loaded back in the van (the other 2 sitting patiently in the running van this whole time), we were back on track to be at the Dr. around 10 minutes late.

Once we got to the Dr, we were pretty emotionally and physically spent, but they decided to test our patience a little longer by making us wait in the exam room for about an hour with three 15 month-olds running around, getting into everything! (Both Cheryl and I cringing at everything they touched, given the sick kiddos in that room every day). Once the Dr. examined Izzy and Abby, he started to get to Ally, then received a phone call from his daughter in Ethiopia that he had to take.... ETHIOPIA! Really?! Is this a joke?! We totally understood why he needed to take it, but we've already waited forever and the girls were so restless! About 15 minutes later, he came back and finished the exam. After all of this, we got to finish the lovely visit with 2 shots for each of the girls. And, I don't care how good their temperaments are, babies SCREAM after these shots and it is very hard to comfort 3 histerically screaming babies. Not to mention the fact that once they see one get the shots, they know their own fate, which makes it hard to get them to sit still. Needless to say, not my favorite Dr's appt.

On a brighter note, we had a great weekend with the girls! We went to Tulsa on Saturday night with some friends, who also have a baby. We ate at Fuddrucker's (spacious, loud, fast.... good for 4 babies), then went to the mall and walked around. We only brought the double stroller, so we borrowed one of the mall strollers, which look like little cars! Abby and Izzy both got to ride in the "car" at different times:

We were a little late getting home, so we pulled over at a convenience store to change a diaper that was smelling up the van and buy some milk for them to drink on the way home. That way, the babies could go straight to bed when we got home. I sat in back with the girls while they drank their milk and we had a very good time the whole way home.

Here's Abby drinking her milk:

Here's Ally (left) and Izzy (right) CRACKING UP laughing at mommy

More giggling....

Here's a pic of the girls in nursery on Wednesday night at church. A friend working the nursery sent this to me to reassure me that the girls were doing well in their "class". (left to right - Ally, Izzy Abby) Going to have to teach them how to sit in skirts!!!

Also, good news about the house: Just heard from the Realtor yesterday that the family that has come to look twice, has "chosen" our house. Though they're preapproved and currently renting, they were not approved for as much as we're asking, so they're trying a different lender. Please pray this all goes smoothly and we get a good offer from them!

That's all for now... babies getting pretty unhappy at my lack of attention to them at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment