Abby, Izzy, Ally

Friday, February 13, 2009







Week 21:

I had a very important Dr's appt on Tuesday and everything went wonderfully! My sonogram lasted almost 2 hours and we looked at each baby in detail… Each baby has 3 hemispheres to the brain, 4 chambers to the heart, 2 kidneys, 1 bladder, 2 legs, 2 arms, etc. They're all EXACTLY as they should be at this stage in the pregnancy! As a matter of fact, they're all the size a 21 week singleton would be at this stage! From what I read, their growth will start to slow around week 28 as the room runs out! At this appointment, we also found out that we're expecting 3 little GIRLS! I laughed out loud! Matt looked like he could cry a few times that day, but is truly just happy they're all healthy. Although he was hoping to raise the next NBA or NFL star, I know he will make the very best dad to 3 little girls...He'll be wrapped around their little fingers!! He keeps saying he's going to be a testosterone island in a sea of estrogen… which is pretty much the case right now anyway!

My nursery bedding isn't quite "girly" enough on it's own, but Chris Hudson (a decoration genius!) is going to try and help me "girl" it up a little. I got such a good deal on it… even though I could return it, I know I won't find 3 beds worth of material for that price again. So… we're sticking with it!

I am still doing great too! Yes, I have about every side-effect to pregnancy you could possibly have, but everything that has to do with the babies is going great! I'm still working and still feel fine to keep going. My feet have definitely starting swelling by the end of the day. You can see the tight rings from my socks and my ankles are nonexistent! Matt very lovingly refers to me as "little swollen feet" now. Also, I'm having some major carpal tunnel issues and my wrists are hurting SO badly! The left is the worst, but the right is starting to hurt as well. I have read this can happen in pregnancy because of swelling. I have NEVER heard of this as a pregnancy side-effect!!! Isn't that ridiculous?! I've started wearing a brace on my left wrist when the pain is bad and I look pretty pathetic… big and pregnant with a brace on my wrist! Oh well! The Dr. says it goes away as soon as you have the babies, so I'm relieved… I seriously could not lift and care for infants properly with all this pain.

The house is coming along wonderfully!!! Rodney Hudson and Ray Sien are like machines! Every day I come home and explore the progress. The garage has been enclosed, the floor built, and there is a window in front and a window in back. The sheet rock is all up and the plumbing and electical (thanks to my Father-in-law) is done! It is really coming along… pretty soon I think they'll be adding carpet, paint, fixtures, etc. It's been really neat to see the progress and I am SO thankful to these men for taking the time to help us. I could never repay them enough!
The opening for the nursery suite is almost complete, thanks to Bob Chambers and Wendell Kropp. The hole in the wall has been cut and trimmed out. There are a few things still left to do, but I think the major pieces are done!
And, last but not least, the shed is DONE! It still needs some paint, but that's the least of our worries! Matt, Dale, and Rocky Scalf put in countless hours on the shed and it is SO nice! It is 12X12 ft. and will store a TON of stuff for us! Matt's going to be testing it out this weekend by transferring all of our stuff from Papa's garage to the shed. The shed was built from the ground up from plans and ended up costing us A LOT less since the labor was free!

So… as you can see from this post, things are going VERY Well!! Thank you Lord!

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when I heard they were all girls! Oh, boy! LOL! The drama in your house will be through the roof! But, it will be so much fun.

    I'm glad things are progressing well with all the work around your house. What a blessing to have such wonderful friends and church family!! (And, family of course.)

    I'm also glad to hear things are progressing well with you and the babies. That first big ultrasound sure puts a momma at ease when it's good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kami,
    I cried all through the reading of this blog. I am so thankful you are sharing this with us. What great faith you and Matt have shown! Please continue blogging and showing the pictures of those precious mangos!
    Love,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kami and Matt!! What a huge blessing! Three girls!! If there is anything that I can help you with just let me know! Kami I will definitely be keeping you , Matt, and those precious girls in my thoughts and prayers!! David and I both wish you the best and again if there is anything we can do to help just let me know.......Joanna

    ReplyDelete